How do I Apply for Housing?
The Housing Authority does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, marital status, familial status, National origin, age, pregnancy, disability, ancestry, or sexual orientation in the access to or admission into, or employment in, housing programs or activities.
We are currently taking application for Low-Income Public Housing.
You may apply by using one of the following methods:
Gainesville Housing Authority online application allows you to apply for Low Income Public Housing with open lists.
NEW! CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE
If you do not have a computer, you may access the website through any computer connection (a friend, public libraries, internet cafes or the Housing Authority main office).
The Application Guide includes all of the information you need to complete the application. If you need assistance in completing your application please come to our main office on the third Wednesday of every month from 8:30AM to 11:30AM or from 2:30 PM to 4:00PM or call us at 770 536 1294.
• Mail or Fax
If you would prefer not to apply online, you may download the Application form in English or Application form in Spanish and mail to us to P.O. Box 653 Gainesville, GA 30503 or fax it to 770 536 5150. You may also call 770 536 1294 to have the application form mailed to you.
What Information will I need to apply?
Before you begin the application process, please have available:
- A current mailing address and telephone number where we can reach you
- Social Security Numbers for all the members of your household
- Complete name and date of birth for all members of your household
- The value of all household assets (for example, bank accounts, investments and real state)
- Monthly income source and amount for all the members of the household