Contact us today!  •  770.536.1294

Will I need documentation to apply?

Yes. The HA representative will need the documents listed below. The PHA will also rely on direct verification from your employer, etc. You will be asked to sign a form to authorize release of pertinent information to the PHA.

 All documentation must be original:
  • Original birth certifícate for all household members;
  • Original verifications of all employment income (last 4 paystubs) Social Security 
  • Child Support, TANF Award Letter;
  • Original Social Security cards for all household members
  • Original marriage license or divorce decree
  • Pregnancy verifications (from doctor or clinic)
  • Verification of food stamp letter (if it applies to you)
  • Picture ID for all the adult members of the household
  • Police Background Check will be performed.
  • Previous rental history for the past 10 years.
  • Please bring your complete name, address and telephone number of landlords.                                                                                                                                                                                     
Additional documentation may be necessary and requested at time of interview to determine eligibility and suitability for public housing or rent calculation. Please do not bring small children with you as this will interfere with the interview process. If you have any other questions regarding this process, please call the Admissions and Occupancy Office at 770-536-1294 on Thursday afternoon between 1 p.m. and 4 p.m. only.
Gainesville Housing Authority Application
Who We Serve
Main Office:

750 Pearl Nix Pkwy.

Gainesville, GA 30501


Tel. 770.536.1294

Fax 770-536-5150

Stay In Touch With Us:
Today's Events
page divider

© 2021 Gainesville Housing Authority.
E-Verify #476751 | Authorization: 12/22/2011
Website by Full Media (CS)